Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Patience and a Date Night.


To everyone who told me that this week (the week before my eagerly anticipated wedding) would fly by, I thank you for lying to me.

Seriously. This week is drraaaaginnnngggggg. Or maybe I just need to work on my patience...

Now let me tell you all about my wonderful little date-night with the boy last night. About 2 weeks ago, he asked me if I'd like to have dinner with him - just him - one night the week of the wedding. Of course I agreed. And what a fantastic idea it turned out to be.


We had dinner at Yono's, complete with champagne and a lovely tasting menu. The food and drinks were (of course) fantastic but the real treat
was getting an evening alone (with only a few small interruptions from the Yankees... damn World Series) with my almost-husband. He's always been very sentimental and romantic but he pulled out all the stops last night with stories of how he felt and what he thought when we first met. I melted. I mean, c'mon, who doesn't like to hear about awesome they are? Kidding... it was very sweet.


And speaking of sweet, below is the dessert that was delivered to us (after 4 other insanely filling courses). If you can't read the writing on the plates, it says "Two Halves... That Fit Together"... we each had a half of two different pieces of cake. Isn't that a total "makes me want to gag" kinda cute? ;)





Now back to the search for some patience...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails