Tuesday, August 14, 2012

30 weeks.


How far along?:  30 weeks!  Which seems insane to me.  Baby is likened to a cucumber this week.  A cucumber with a large rump that keeps pressing against my side.  It's pretty hysterical that when I lay on that side at night, baby pushes back.  So sorry for making you uncomfortable, Kid ;)

Total weight gain:  Won't know til my next appt on Thursday.  Although the box of Sugar Babies I just downed can't have done good things for my ever-growing waistline. 

Maternity Clothes?:  I got a couple of sweater-wrap things at Destination Maternity yesterday and realized that if we have a cold fall, I'm going to be screwed.  On the positive side of that, there were some really cute fall pieces there I probably should go back and buy :)  

Weekly belly pic:
Ignore the hair.  This is what happens when I sleep on curls.


This is the only pic I took of an outfit last week.  I call it pregnancy: funeral style.  Because I wore it to a funeral.


Stretch Marks?:  Still none.

Sleep:  Still sucks.  I was utterly exhausted all day Friday... I slept in, took an afternoon nap and was still in bed by 8:30pm.  And I toss and turn all night, every night.  Just can't get comfortable anymore.  That also may have something to do with the fact that I've been on the couch or guest bed for the past few nights.  Because I'm ridiculous and am fearful that our house will collapse while sleeping in my own bed.  See exhibit A:


Towards the back of the house (right side of picture), above the giant hole sits my bed.  And see all that water and sloppy, wet soil?  I'm terrified that everything will shift, affecting the structural integrity of the house and down we'll go.  Now, rationally I know that this (most likely) will NOT happen but in my sleep-deprived irrational mind I know I'll wake up in the middle of the night and not be able to fall back asleep because I'll be overwhelmed with this fear.  So I sleep on the other side of the house.  'Cause, you know, if one foundation wall fails, the rest of the house will remain intact, right?

Sigh.  Home renovations blow.

Best moment this week:  I have a couple.  I took a photography class on Saturday to learn how to use my fancy new digital SLR camera.  And I can proudly now say that I'm comfortable shooting in settings other than automatic :)

Next would be the fact that the excavation for the addition finally began.  Even though it's an effing disaster at this point, at least we're finally getting somewhere.

And for the absolute BEST moment of the week?  Maternity pics!  We had them done last night at exactly 30 weeks and have received one "teaser" pic so far.  I'm so happy with the way it came out and cannot wait to see the rest.  And you all know me, right?  So you won't judge when I tell you that this was outfit #1 of 4 ;)  We started at the State Education Building which is where we had our engagement and wedding pictures done.  We love our little downtown and plan to do future family pics here.  I can't wait to put a frame together showing the progression of our family.

August 13, 2012 ~ Maternity

November 9, 2008 ~ Engagement

November 8, 2009 ~ Wedding

Movement:  Constant.  The rolling is getting more and more intense.  I keep finding myself just staring at my stomach in awe.  Watching BB slowly roll from one position to another is the strangest thing I've ever experienced.

Cravings:  Potato bread.  No idea where that one came from.

Aversions:  Nada.

Other Symptoms:  Still dealing with heartburn and puffy toes.  My fingers also seem to swell up daily but it's not terrible.  The worst though is the aching feet.  They hurt.so.bad after any amount of walking.  I guess my body really doesn't like the extra 30lbs it's attempting to support.

Missing anything?:  Sleep.

Belly Button:  Hanging in there.  

Gender Prediction:  We still have no inclination but got more boy guesses this week.  It's baffling to me how adamant everyone is that kid's got a weenie.

Mood:  Back and forth.  I either have REALLY good days or am completely miserable and cranky.

Purchases:  We bought the carseat over the weekend.  We went with the Chicco Keyfit 30.

I had a 20% coupon to BRU burning a hole in my pocket so we just decided to go buy it ourselves rather then hope someone purchases it for us.  Not to mention the fact that BRU carries it in orange and Buy Buy Baby (where we're registered) doesn't.  The one we originally registered for at BBB was fine and would've matched the stroller okay but this one will be perfect.  Assuming we're lucky enough to get the stroller we want...
See?  Perfect :)

Milestones:  30 weeks in itself seems like a pretty big milestone.  I honestly can't believe we've made it this far already.

In Other News:  I'm now on the every-two-week-appt rotation with my OB so even though it seems that I was just there, I have another appt on Thursday.  We also start classes at the hospital next week... first up is the hospital tour and then we have a crib notes class.  The next few weeks are going to FLY with everything we have lined up.  And my shower is two weeks from Saturday... EEK!!

1 comment:

Breanna said...

Wow! Congratulations on hitting 30 weeks! That's amazing! :) You look gorgeous! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails