Tuesday, June 12, 2012

21 weeks


How far along?:  21 weeks!  Baby's the size of a pomegranate.  It seems baffling that I'm this far along.

Total weight gain:  I'm probably up to about a bajillion pounds.  I spent the past 5 days in St. Louis visiting family for my nephew's baptism and I took full advantage of the food offerings.   

Maternity Clothes?:  Yes, yes and yes.  I went on a total shopping spree in the 'lou last week.  Since I've been having to order the majority of my clothes online due to Albany's lack of maternity shops, it was a nice change of pace to be able to try clothes on before purchasing.  I had a blast in the stores and now have a pretty respectable wardrobe which will hopefully last me 'til fall. 


Weekly belly pic:

FYI: I hate this picture.  Double chins.  Blech.

Stretch Marks?:  Don't think so.  And after talking to Mom last week, she said she didn't get many while she was pregnant and from what I've read, stretch marks are a hereditary thing so let's hope I'm safe.

Sleep:  Was great while I was out of town.  Must've been the fact that I had literally nothing on my mind and had nothing to get up for each day.  So nice.  My first night home (last night) I slept like crap... couldn't fall asleep then when I finally did, I couldn't stay asleep.  It was an awesome night.

Best moment this week:  Visiting family and getting to spend time with this little guy:


Meet my 5 month old nephew, Cameron, who is the spitting image of my brother when he was a baby.  He's seriously the cutest thing ever with the sweetest shrieks and squeals.  His expression in the pic where he's looking at me is priceless... he looks so confused.  This was only my second time seeing him and I completely fell in love.

Runner up for best moment of the week:  being told several times by different people that I'm an adorable pregnant lady.  I'll take all the compliments I can get.  While they last... :)

Movement:  I'm feeling BB pretty regularly now... I feel him/her the most in the mornings and at night but today I've felt quite a few kicks as I sit here at my desk.  Love every one of them.

Cravings:  Anything sugary.  And junk food.  This needs to stop or I'm going to be huge.  While in St. Louis I indulged in the following:

  • Cake
  • Donuts
  • Deep fried tacos and jalapeno poppers from Jack in the Box
  • More cake
  • Chips and dip
  • About half of an extra large Imo's pizza
  • Cinnamon rolls
  • A (shared) bowl of cheese dip and an enormous chimichanga from El Maguey
  • Candy
  • More cinnamon rolls
  • Fruit (hey! something healthy!)
And this was all on top of regular meals.  Um, oops?

Aversions:  Gone!  I'm starting to think this may be a bad thing...

Other Symptoms:  The heartburn's still hanging around but otherwise I'm feeling pretty good.  I did have quite the experience flying out to St. Louis last week though... I was trying to fall asleep when I got the world's worst hot flash.  I was literally peeling my clothes off.  I was so hot, light-headed and nauseous that if I didn't cool down I seriously thought I was going to lose it.  And naturally, I was in a window seat with the two others in my row sound asleep... i.e. no escape.  Luckily there was a barf bag in my seat back pocket.  Luckily I didn't have to use it.  After about 20 minutes of pure sweat and panic I cooled down and managed to fall asleep.  Crisis averted.  Although I don't think I'll be doing anymore flying before this kid arrives.  The hot flash coupled with an achy tailbone and legs that kept falling asleep didn't make for a fun flight.

Missing anything?:  Still missing turkey sandwiches.  Sigh.

Gender Prediction:  Mom thinks girl and said so all week :)

Mood:  Good!

Purchases:  See above reference maternity clothes.  Mom also bought us a couple of adorable newborn outfits.

Milestones:  Conquered a trip across the country while pregnant.  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails