Tuesday, June 26, 2012

23 weeks


How far along?:  23 weeks!  Baby's the size of grapefruit.  With everything that my mother-in-law has said about my husband's head size at birth, however, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that this kid's head alone is probably the size of a grapefruit.

Total weight gain:  Still unsure.  Probably enormous + 1,000.  I haven't stopped eating in days.  Literally.

Maternity Clothes?:  I am seriously in love with maxi dresses and probably should invest in a few more.  So comfy.  


Weekly belly pic:
I really need to stop taking these pictures late at night when I'm exhausted.  I swear I don't really look this terrible.


I had fun playing dress up this week :) And can we talk about the shoes?  Love.  Also?  Still enjoying the fact that I really don't look all that pregnant.

Stretch Marks?:  Nope.

Sleep:  Has been pretty good this week... might have something to do with the fact that husband's been out of town since last Wednesday so I've had the bed to myself and have been able to keep the room at a comfortable temperature.  He prefers to freeze me to death.  Although lately, that's not such a bad thing since my body has turned into a furnace.

Best moment this week:  Um.  I'll have to think about that.  I tried to keep myself busy so I didn't get lonely during Nick's absence so I did a lot.  I had a lovely dinner with girlfriends one night, I attended a good friend's bridal shower, I spent two days at my in-laws' pool getting some sun... that was fun.  But ooh!  Painting the nursery!  That was the best moment this week :)

It's hard to tell in the picture, but after numerous paint samples, I finally found THE perfect shad of gray.  The curtains, area rug and giant teddy bear will stay, everything else will be moved to the new guest room.  Now to order our nursery furniture.  You know, so this kid actually has somewhere to sleep.

Movement:  I'm finally feeling movement a bit higher, nearer to my belly button.  Maybe BB's starting to flip.  

Cravings:  Cookies, cake, candy, chocolate, ice cream.  Oh, and pizza.

  
I may or may not have ordered this all for myself on Sunday ;)


Aversions:  Seemingly gone.  Although the tuna I ate at lunch today didn't taste good to me at all so I think I'll be avoiding it in the near future.

Other Symptoms:  The exhaustion seems to be kicking in again.  Growth spurt for the child, perhaps?  I've also been noticing that my feet are so incredibly sore if I'm on them any more than necessary.  After painting the nursery, cleaning the house and taking the dogs for a walk on Saturday I could barely walk.

Missing anything?:  Being able to lay on my stomach.  This doesn't bother me at all for sleeping purposes but it really complicates matters when trying to get an even tan at the pool.  ha.

Gender Prediction:  Boy?  Girl?  Unicorn?  Velociraptor?  None of the above?  You pick.

Mood:  Pretty good.  That's all I have to say about that :)

Purchases:  Did I buy anything this week?  I can't remember.  My memory is shot.

Milestones:  One week til V-Day!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails