Wednesday, July 25, 2012

3rd Trimester!


How far along?:  27 weeks!  Bakmi's the size of a rutabaga?  I don't think I've ever seen one so I'm trouble with this comparison.  Whatever.  Kid is large and keeps it's head into my rib cage.  Good times.

Total weight gain:  How much does a small cow weight?

Maternity Clothes?:  Made a few more purchases this week.  Sigh.  I can't seem to stop!  I discovered the Asos maternity line and am IN LOVE.  Trendy maternity clothes!!  I wish I discovered them sooner.
The sequin dress is for my shower and possibly a wedding next month, the black dress is another possibility for the wedding, the yellow skirt just because it was cute and the nude top because it was on sale.  Actually, all of these items were on sale... I got everything for around $120.  Score.


Weekly belly pic:
Is is me or did my belly explode this week?


A sampling of outfits from this week.  I felt like a circus tent in the striped dress but after seeing a picture of myself in the paper from Siro's Cup (annual charity event to mark the opening of the Saratoga Racing season) I felt better about it.  The floral(ish?) dress was for another charity event this week.  It's not maternity but I think I made it work.  The last outfit is from work yesterday.  I look 12.  Bad hair day.


 Aforementioned picture that made the Times Union on Thursday.  We be stylin'  ;)


We also made the cover page of the Business Review.  The photographers must've taken pity on the poor pregnant woman.  Or maybe it's just that my husband is awesome :)

Stretch Marks?:  Still none.

Sleep:  Oh Ambien, how I love thee.  I popped half of a pill last night and slept like a rock.  I actually managed to sleep from 10pm to 5:30am without waking up to pee.  That's victory in my book, folks.  Too bad I can't sleep like that without medicinal help.

Best moment this week:  I treated myself to a prenatal massage on Saturday.  It was HEAVEN.  I was so relaxed after that I didn't want to do anything for the rest of the day.  I've also been giving my feet a nightly treat in the foot spa that my MIL so kindly brought to me.


In other news of the week, our home renovations have finally started, but that's a completely separate post.  If I ever get around to it.  The highlights thus far:  7am wake up calls from the dogs alerting us that the contractors have arrived; we no longer have any siding or stone on our house; we're the proud new owners of a beautifully large sliding glass door in our living room where a window used to be; we no longer have a mudroom or covered porch.  Now if only the town would get their act together and approve our permit we could get started on the excavation and really get this ball rolling.

Left: Bella investigating the area where the mudroom and covered porch used to be.  Right: sliding door installation... it's a bit disconcerting to come home to a giant hole in the side of your house, haha.

Movement:  Constant.  And as mentioned above, BB has found a way to lodge his/her head under my rib cage making me feel bruised from the inside out.  

Cravings:  Watermelon Italian Ice from the soft ice cream stand that's unfortunately only a 1/2 mile from my house.  If I think about it, I MUST GO.

Aversions:  Nada.

Other Symptoms:  I'd say the worst right now is the heel pain.  Even after walking through my house barefoot for a few minutes my heels ache.  Doesn't seem to matter what type of shoes I wear or how little walking I do.  They just ache all the time.

Missing anything?:  My flat belly.  Seeing all the gorgeous people at Siro's Cup last week in their tiny little dresses made me miss my cute summer dresses.

Belly Button:  I predict it will be gone shortly.  I'm fighting it though... I don't want to have to remove my piercing, dammit!  Ridiculous, right?

Gender Prediction:  Had a bunch of people at charity event #2 of the week tell me they think boy.  

Mood:  I'm a miserable pregnant lady.  Enough said.

Purchases:  I ordered knobs for the kid's dresser... hopefully they come in soon.

Milestones:  Tomorrow marks the start of the 3rd trimester.  Seriously can't believe I'm almost done baking this babe.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails