Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Happy V-Day to Baby P :)


How far along?:  24 weeks!  In other words, viability.  Today marks the day where if baby were to make an appearance, he/she would have a decent shot at survival.  Although I don't plan on letting him/her out anytime soon :)

Total weight gain:  I'll be weighed on Thursday at my 24 week appointment.  I am 100% NOT looking forward to it.  I feel about the size of a house and I can't say no to anything sugar-laden so I'm sure my OB (i.e. captain negativity) will have something to say about it that will undoubtedly make me feel awesome about my ever-expanding self.

Maternity Clothes?:  Actually wearing a non-maternity top today.  I ordered some stuff from Gap and Old Navy that should be here any day and will hopefully be the last of my maternity purchases (with the exception of a dress for a wedding and my shower).  I'm so tired of spending money on clothes that I'll only get to wear for another 3ish months.


Weekly belly pic:
See?  Size of a house.  And I still have 16 weeks left.  Also noticed this week?  My arms are getting fat.  Sigh.


And here's a prettier picture from this week.  I actually dressed up for work one day.  I had to attend a closing and see clients and attorneys so I figured it would nice to look appropriate ;)

Stretch Marks?:  Still none, thankfully.  Although I've started using BioOil to keep my belly nice and moisturized should they make an appearance.

Sleep:  Sucks a fat one.  Last night I slept from 11-2, got up to pee, feel back to sleep but seriously woke up every 15 minutes, got up to pee again at 4, couldn't fall back asleep so I got out of bed at 4:30 and moved to the couch to read, feel asleep around 5:30, woke up at 7 when Nick got up, moved back to the bedroom and slept for another 30 minutes.  Intermittent sleep like this does not work well for me.  And please.  I don't want to hear the "your body is preparing you for sleepless nights with baby" crap.  I need sleep now, dammit.  

Best moment this week:  This week was pretty uneventful.  I'm seriously having trouble coming up with something.

Movement:  Is still super low the majority of the time which does not bode well for my poor bladder.  This kid is kicking up a storm in there though and I love every second of it.

Cravings:  Still the same... cupcakes, chocolate, candy, caramel, cookies.  Does anyone else find it odd that those are all 'c' words?  I have a problem.  ha

Aversions:  Not really an aversion, but I have no interest in meat.

Other Symptoms:  Heartburn is a daily occurrence and my feet, legs and back get so sore if I overdo it.  I also noticed after a day of errands followed by 6 hours outside in 90 degree heat that my toes swelled and I literally hurt all over.  By the time I got home my stomach muscles were seriously crampy and all I could do was lay on the couch in a pitiful lump.

Missing anything?:  Sleep.

Belly Button:  Hanging in there as innie.  It's always been super deep so I'm not sure it'll pop out completely but it seems to be getting a bit shallower.  And last week I changed out my regular metal belly button piercing for a flexible maternity bar.  Can you believe they actually make those?  I'm a bit too attached to my piercing and was seriously afraid of losing it so I was pretty excited to find a maternity alternative.  It's not the most attractive and is seriously long but hopefully it'll allow me to keep it in even if my belly button goes flat.

Here's my ugly little maternity bar.  I miss my old one... it was much cuter.

Gender Prediction:  I keep thinking boy.  And husband dreamed last night that it was a boy.  According to him, said boy came out of the girly bits the size of a two year old with a huge head and blue eyes.  Oy.

Mood:  I'm quite irritable these days but am trying not to take it out on those around me.  Although I almost lost it on the bagger at the grocery store the other day... but c'mon... the kid was literally only putting one or two items in each bag.  Talk about wasteful.

I've also been pretty stressed about the house renovation lately so I'm sure that's affecting my mood.  We still haven't started and are very quickly running out of time.  I met with our architect AGAIN yesterday and he had more plan revisions to okay. Now that the floor plan is (I feel like I'm jinxing myself for saying this) finally finished he's working on the corresponding drawings (roof plan, foundation plan, elevation, etc.) to submit to the town along with our application for building permit. Hopefully the permit will be issued next week so we can get this show on the road.  

Purchases:  Ordered our crib this week and we're picking up the dresser this afternoon.  The crib is back-ordered til July 16th but came with a free crib mattress so I can deal with that :)

Babyletto Hudson crib in white.  Isn't it lovely?  Can I tell you how hard it was to find a modern crib that we liked that wouldn't break the bank, though?  

This is the dresser.  Yes, it's unfinished.  And yes, I'm probably insane but I plan to paint it a lovely shade of lime green and add some fun knobs.  Wish me luck.


Milestones:  V-Day!!!

*For the first time ever, I'm going to try to link up to another blog in a lame attempt to grow my pathetic little blog (linking to Growing up Geeky's monthly bump update).    

1 comment:

Melissa @ Growing Up Geeky said...

Looking good! And I hear you on those "c" word cravings ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails