Friday, October 30, 2009

Adding to the honeymoon wardrobe

On average, I get about a dozen emails a day from my favorite stores, attempting to lure me to their websites with "Additional 50% off clearance!," "New fall collection!," "Free Shipping with $100 purchase!, " etc, etc, etc. I have no willpower against this. Absolutely none. I enjoy shopping far too much.


Today, though, in attempt to save a little money for our impending mortgage payment, I was contemplating deleting a very tempting Arden B email. (Since leaving St. Louis, I have serious Arden B withdrawals every time I enter the mall. I miss it dearly.) But as luck (or maybe my fairy God mother of fashion) would have it, the boy called at that exact moment.


me: "Arden B is having an awesome sale online today. But don't worry, I won't buy anything."
him: "Well, you're gonna need new clothes for the honeymoon, right?"
Click.


That's all the permission I needed. 20 minutes later, my shopping bag was loaded up with 11 glorious items. I did, however, come to my senses and whittle it down to 5. And I snatched it all up for a mere $87! (To be fair, I did use a $20 Arden B Rewards credit, but still...)


Aren't these all so lovely? Well, except for the fun-pants (my term of endearment for any type of lounge pant.)





I'm so excited to get them in and play dress-up!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Two things :)

One, whenever you have said Arden B, I thought you were saying R&B. Must be the accent.

Two, I hope you seriously didn't hang up the phone on "the boy' the second he told you you could go shopping. Knowing you, you probably did. :P

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails