Thursday, January 13, 2011

Happy Two Thousand Eleven

If you read* last year's New Year's Eve post, you'll recall that I'm not a fan of the so-called appropriate way to pronounce the years of the new decade we've entered.  Twenty-ten drove me nuts and twenty-eleven makes me even crazier.  It just sounds silly.  So I'm gonna stick with my way of saying it til probably two-thousand-eighty-nine** or so.

Moving on.

My NYE celebration took place, once again, at Husband's fantastic restaurant.  'Cause you know, I'm kind of a fan of spending holidays with him and he kinda has to be there.  This year, however, I roped several friends into joining me and we had an amazing time.  Show-girl feather headpieces and all!

I think we make 'em work.  Next stop, the Bellagio.

Mr. & Mrs. P.  Note the champagne sabre in my hand.  Husband is pretty talented with that thing.

So.  Good friends, great food, a full restaurant, lots of bubbly (maybe too much, as my hangover was not pretty the next day) and I managed to stay up well past the ball-drop, til 3am.  I'd say that NYE 2011 was a success.  Or is it NYE 2010?  It's the eve of the new year, ie 2011, but NYE is technically still in 2010.  Ugh.  I think too much.

*Who am I kidding.  I have almost no followers.  After 15 months.  Sad.
**'Cause I'm anticipating super-advanced medical procedures and strong drugs to be a part of keeping me alive til I'm 109.  At least.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails