Tuesday, April 24, 2012

14 weeks


How far along?:  14 weeks!  Baby's the size of a lemon.  A very skinny, light lemon :)

Total weight gain:  So.  I was doing so well avoiding the scale.  Until last Tuesday.  While I was in the waiting room at LabCorp waiting to get blood drawn, I made the terrible mistake of glancing down at the script my OB had written me.  On in big bold letters were the words Maternal Weight, followed by an even bigger, bolder number.  According to the scale at my OB's office, I'm up a full 10lbs.  That didn't sit well with me so I weighed myself at home the following morning and found that I'm actually only up 7lbs.  My home scale is where my starting weight came from so I'm going with that.  Plus, that morning before my appt, I had to drink 32oz of water and I hadn't, um, pooed in days.  That shit adds up.  Literally ;)


Maternity Clothes?:  No, I'm still fighting it but I think it'll be soon.  I'm basically alternating daily between a pair of skinny jeans with A LOT of stretch, another pair of jeans that I keep closed with my BellaBand and leggings.

Showing?:  My belly is starting to get this weird pointy shape to it.  So I guess that counts.

Please disregard the unruly hair.

Taken at 13w3d, before we headed out for a lovely date night!


Stretch Marks?:  Nope.


Sleep:  Is still making me crazy.  Either I sleep really well or I sleep like shit.  And I'm still exhausted just about all the time.  Oh elusive second trimester burst of energy, I'm looking for you!


Best moment this week:  As mentioned above, we had a fantastic date night on Thursday.  Nick came home insanely early (6:30!) so we ventured out.  We're fans of restaurant hopping instead of just settling on one place so we made the rounds and hit up 3 different places and grabbed a few apps at the bar at each spot.  And Nick took advantage of his built-in designated driver :)


Movement:  Nope.  I'm dying to start feeling some flutters or something resembling movement!


Cravings:  I think the craving are finally subsiding.  Although I had a dream about an apple fritter the size of my head on Saturday so naturally we had to go get one as soon as I woke up Sunday morning.


Aversions:  Meat.  I don't see this changing anytime soon.

Other Symptoms:  Still dealing with heartburn.  And this has been the week of the headaches.  I've had one just about daily and dealt with a full-blown migraine all weekend.  Can I tell you how fun migraines are when all you're allowed to take is Tylenol?  I've also had a couple of strange near-fainting spells.  You know the feeling you get when you might pass out?  That tingly, light-headed, vommy feeling?  That keeps happening to me while at work.  Luckily it seems to pass after 20 minutes or so.  I'm also still fairly nauseous, especially after eating breakfast.  It's the worst from about 10am-noon lately.


Missing anything?:  Turkey subs.


Gender Prediction:  Nope.


Mood:  I think I'm getting irritable.  Poor husband.

Purchases:  We took a drive out to the Lee Outlets on Saturday and paid a visit to Carter's.  I bought a couple outfits.  One with lime green and white stripes and a frog on the butt and another with duckies all over.  Too cute.

Husband snapped this pic of me perusing the racks at Carter's and put it up on facebook... you wouldn't believe (well, you probably would because people are assholes) the backlash that it received from people telling me not to buy clothes for myself because I'll get enough at my shower.  I CANNOT STAND unsolicited "advice" so this definitely rubbed me the wrong way.  Hello, I'm an excited first-time mom who enjoys picking things out for my child.


Milestones:  Um, Baby Bakmi can now suck his thumb?  I wouldn't be surprised if it comes out with thumb in mouth.  I was a thumb-sucker til age 5.





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails