Friday, April 23, 2010

I knew it.

Hi, my name is Carolyn and I'm a cereal-aholic.

I seriously LOVE cereal. Can't get enough.

The thing is, I don't eat it for breakfast. Ever.

I eat if for dessert. Almost every night.

And if I'm out of milk? I eat it dry. That's dedication, people.

I've taken a lot of crap over the years for this habit of mine. Apparently it's "weird" to eat a breakfast food for dessert. Screw you haters, I now have proof that I'm perfectly normal ;)

While reading an article from "Eat This, Not That" today, I came across this little paragraph:

"That said, [cereal] can make decent desserts. One study published by the American College of Nutrition found that among late-night snackers, those who chose cereal took in fewer calories than those who made other choices, and ultimately they wound up losing nearly half a pound of body fat per week. That doesn’t mean you should switch to an all-cereal diet, just that cereal is a better evening snack than you might think."


Look at that! Cereal is helping me get skinny. The American College of Nutrition said so.


How nice of them to stroke my ego. I always knew I was better off eating a giant bowl of cereal than a piece of cake. Or box of Girl Scout cookies. Or bag of jelly beans. Now if only I could limit my portion to the amount recommended on the box, we'd be in good shape. ha


1 comment:

Adrienne said...

Cap,n Crunch is seriously the best thing ever.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails