Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I did it.

I signed up for my first ever road race.


On June 5th, I will be joining thousands of women in the Friehofer's Run for Women in downtown Albany.


Thankfully it's only a 5k.


I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I've really been slacking in the running dept. this year. I blame the weather. Because one, I don't do cold, and two, I hate treadmills.


For about a week and a half (I'm awesome with committment), I was at the gym just about nightly, forcing myself to run a 5k on the treadmill. The first couple of days were fine. After that though, I would've preferred a punch in the face. Talk about boring.


Last night I dragged my butt outside (yay for nice weather!) and managed to run a whole... wait for it... 1.56 miles. And it took me 20 freaking minutes.


FAIL.


My goal for the 5k is to finish in under 35 minutes. Not gonna happen at this rate. I'm going to attempt a 2 mile run tonight. So if I don't appear tomorrow, please come search the side of the roads in my neighborhood ;)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails