Monday, May 17, 2010

Bathroom Re-Do Two

Remember this post? I finally decided to act on it, in an attempt to mask my bathroom's hideousness.

~BEFORE~
Unfortunately, this picture actually makes it look kind of attractive. In a red-headed step-child kind of way.

Being the impulsive person that I am, I made the decision one morning last week, mere minutes after waking up, to make a drastic change to the bathroom.

Drastic and semi-irreversible.

Pre-breakfast decision making is not something I would recommend.


~AFTER~

Two hours to prep, measure and tape, three hours to paint.

Not terribly happy with the outcome.

All I see is a circus tent.

I think the stripes are much too wide.

Although in my first inspiration pic, I love the broad width of the stripes. I guess vertical as opposed to horizontal can really make a difference. I was undecided... Husband voted for vertical. Decision made.

::SOURCE::

I love this inspiration room. The clean, simplicity of the black and white is so attractive. Maybe if I narrow my stipes down I'll come closer to this look. If black wasn't such a bitch to paint over I'd probably already have done it.

::SOURCE::

Although it's gonna take a lot more than a few strips of paint to turn my neglected 50's era bathroom into something respectable.

Anyone want to volunteer a tip or two?

Or a few thousand dollars to start completely over? ;)


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails