Monday, July 12, 2010

The reason for my absense.

I'm sure the 5 of you who read my blog were desperately wishing for more posts during my hiatus. A girl can dream, right?

The reason behind my slacking?

Simple. I've been busy.

I know, I know, that's a lame excuse.

But seriously, it's the truth.

About 2 months ago I found myself in a bad place, work-wise. I enjoyed the company I worked for and loved the people I worked with but I just wasn't happy anymore. So after scouring the want-ads for a week or so to no avail, the lightbulb went off. I can go back to Nikki! i.e. Hart Real Estate, the company I started with when I moved back to NY.

I was never unhappy working for Hart and Nikki and I had remained friends after I so abruptly left her, so I approached her and was welcomed back with open arms. Seriously, why the hell did I leave in the first place???

I've been back at Hart for about a month now and I AM SO HAPPY. At Trinity, my job duties really started to fall away from the real estate part of it that I love so much. Since the day I returned to Hart, I've been immersed back in it, showing and listing houses and having contact with clients almost daily. It's been amazing.

And my stress is GONE.

There's definitely a truth to the saying "money isn't everything". I definitely took a pay cut to come back to Hart, but you know what? Totally worth it.

So you're probably thinking, "ok, so she changed jobs, that's not all that time consuming", right? In this case though, it has been. I'm still filling in at Trinity a day or two a week, which is totally draining, but they pay me, so why not? Right? Aside from the extra at-work hours, I've jumped full force into my Boot Camp Challenge class.

I feel like all I do lately is eat, sleep, workout and work. But I couldn't be happier. Go figure.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails