Monday, December 21, 2009

November what?

So here it is... the much anticipated (well, that's probably slightly overstated...) wedding post.

Seriously, the month of November FLEW by.

The festivities began with my first wedding guests' arrival on the 4th and didn't end until the return from our honeymoon late on the 21st. Then there was Thanksgiving. Then it was December.

Anyway, here's a small (ok, fairly lengthy) recap of the wedding fun:

November 6, 2009: Wedding rehearsal and Yankees themed rehearsal dinner. Not to brag, but our rehearsal dinner was quite possibly the most fun rehearsal dinner I've ever attended. And I've been to a few. Leave it to the boy to come up with a Yanks theme... I brushed the idea off at first, but am SO glad I listened to him in the long run. It was seriously fun. EVERYTHING was Yankee themed... we had ballpark-type food, servers tossing bags of peanuts and crackerjack... we wanted it to feel like you were actually at Yankee stadium. Well, as close as you can get, being in the hotel banquet room ;)

Here are some pics (rehearsal first, dinner/party after):


Top to bottom: practice walk down the aisle, practice vows, and the ever-important practice kiss.


Top to bottom: the "ticket" invitation, table decor, the cake, servers with crackerjack and beer served stadium-style, Pennant Ale on tap, the entire bridal party.


I'm sure you can tell from the picture that we requested that guests change into Yankees attire (or Cardinals gear for all the St. Louis peoples) after the rehearsal... being the bride, however, I just had to wear something a little more "special". A jersey definitely wasn't gonna cut it. My American Apparel navy pinstriped dress was perfect. Too bad I feel like I'm playing dress up everytime I try to wear it now...

November 7, 2009: wine tasting and cocktail party. After making my fourth airport run in 3 days, the boy led a small wine tasting in the hotel banquet room for hotel guests.

See how no one seems to be paying attention? Guess the glasses were too full ;) Of course I'm kidding... he does a fantastic job teaching people about wine. I always learn something. In fact, I'll teach you something right now...


See the drawing of the tongue in the back right of the above pic? Who can tell me what that's showing? If you answered, "the different tastebuds of the tongue", you're smarter than me. Salty, sweet, bitter, sour and savory. Good trivia for your next party :)

That night (the night before the WEDDING!), we had a small cocktail party in the boy's restaurant for the hotel guests. Just something simple to keep everyone occupied. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures because I was upstairs in my suite by 9pm with my BFFs Krystyn and Erin trying to get to bed early. After an Ambien and entertainment by Krys, we managed to fall asleep around midnight.


November 8, 2009: THE WEDDING DAY!!!! I'll save the big wedding post (and the traumatic wedding incident post) for another day but leave you with a little sneak peek:



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails