Friday, February 26, 2010

Purpose.

Apparently there isn't one behind this blog. It's just a random bunch of crap. But since it's all about me, it's obviously fantastic.

Seriously though... there's no actual point behind my ramblings. I read so many blogs that fall into a category... design blogs, mom blogs (don't get any ideas), architecture blogs, fashion blogs, etc. If I had to pick a category for mine, I'd pick, um, general? Pretty boring, right? But honestly, I enjoy reading mind-numbingly pointless blogs about other people's lives. I guess you could consider me a bit of a voyeur.

Scratch that.

You can definitely consider me a voyeur. The husband will tell you I have a problem with peering into people's homes at night when the blinds are open. I can't help it... I like to see how others live. Is their house prettier than mine? Are they having more fun than me? What are they having for dinner? Etc, etc, etc.

Maybe I should get professional help. I obviously have issues.

So on that note, please enjoy another perfectly pointless blog about ME!

My week in review:

20s themed wine dinner. I think I may have gone slightly overboard. What a cool freaking decade though... I would've loved dressing up this much to go out. Too bad I was born 60 years too late. I mean, c'mon... who doesn't love an excuse to wear feathers in their hair?! Anyway, the dinner was lovely. Well, the wine was anyway. I don't really recall the food.

Please don't laugh.

Here I am with my lovely friend Andrea. See, she likes feathers too!


Hangover. Wine dinners really should not be planned for Sunday nights. Makes for hell at the office on Monday.

Laundry. So much fun that I've dragged it out over 4 days.

SNOW!!! The husband is going to kill me if I tell him one more time how much I love it. (Let's keep in mind that I don't shovel.) Or if I cry in jealousy one more time about all the snow the rest of the country's getting. We're seriously slacking in the snowfall department this winter. Did the weather gods forget that this is, in fact, upstate New York? Where it's SUPPOSED to snow. That's part of the fun of living here! If I wanted icky, rainy, brown winters, I would've stayed in St. Louis. (Well, probably not. The husband is here. I kinda like to be where he is. Go figure.)

Anyway. We actually got a teeny-tiny-piss-poor-little excuse for a snow storm this week. Then it rained for 2 days straight. Nice try, weather gods, nice try. Next time, bring it on. I want a blizzard. Just please don't knock my power out.

This is what I woke up to Wednesday morning. I drove to work with a big, giant happy face :))))))))

Reason #6,482 for my love of snow. It makes the shabby exterior of my house look kinda pretty! (Pay no attention to the Christmas lights still wrapped around the light post. They'll come down in July or so.)


Wine. Need I say more? I thoroughly enjoyed a lovely bottle of malbec all by myself the other night, while making (for the first time) homemade jalapeno poppers. Which were fantastic. And incredibly easy. If you're lucky, I'll make them for you sometime. If you bring wine. Preferably riesling.

Great news from a great friend. That's all.

Shopping. It hasn't happened yet, but I have a date with the mall tonight. I hope to God all the annoying teenagers stay home. Or out of my way.

And just for fun. Miles and Bella. Because cute.


3 comments:

siobhan307 said...

You should be so happy that I'm leaving you a comment. You have to check out this blog it's amazing, it's one of those that you go back and read from the very beginning. Plus her house is to die for!

http://megduerksen.typepad.com/whatever/

carolyn said...

Nice. I'll check it out. And yes, I'm happy you left a comment, since I pretty much run a comment-less blog ;) Keep 'em coming.

Dominick Purnomo said...

Snow = Booooooooo!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails