Tuesday, February 15, 2011

VDay in the Kitchen

Valentine's Day 2011 was celebrated on February 13th in my house. 


He's sad because we're about to pop the bottle of Cristal bubbly gifted to us over 2 years ago at our engagement party.  You know, Cristal.  The staple of every rapper or basketball player's fridge, according to MTV cribs


So classy.  Drinking $400 champagne out of a $100 Tiffany flute* while sporting $10 fun pants and unwashed hair. 

V-day was the perfect day to finally enjoy the bottle but I will admit that it's a little sad to open the fridge now and not see the pretty gold bottle in it's spot next to the 40 of Colt 45**. 


Husband, I mean Chef, kept careful eye on his well-thought-out meal.


I played Sous Chef.  And I made these delicious little balls of bacon-wrapped cipollini onions.
 

Quick pause to ooh and aww over the cuteness that is Bella.  And little Miles down there on the floor.  They are physically incapable of being anyplace other than the kitchen while we create culinary masterpieces.  Or microwave leftovers for that matter.  They're not picky.


Counterclockwise from top left:  Bacon Vinaigrette for the salad.  4 hour Syrah Reduction for the beef.   Um, beef... no idea what kind.  Err, cut.  Mushroom Risotto.


Bacon-wrapped cipollinis over Boston bibb lettuce with bacon vinaigrette. 
F-ing delicious.  I'm proud of this one.  All me, baby.


The finished product.  I, unfortunately, can take no credit for any of this.  Chef Husband is incredible.  Homemade mushroom risotto?  Amazing.  Beef with Syrah reduction?  Let's just say that I don't eat beef.  I ate beef this night.  Every last bite. 

So.  Spending a quiet Valentine's Day at home with my husband was quite lovely.  Cooking a meal together is one of our favorite activities.  As is drinking bottle after bottle of wine.  And tearing the living room apart looking for the shirt that mysteriously disappeared after being torn off during a certain amorous Valentine's Day act. 

Wait, what?  That's a story for another day ;)

*Another gift. If we had that kind of money to throw around I most likely wouldn't be sharing photos of myself in aforementioned $10 fun pants.
**I wish I was kidding about the 40. But you know, that's how we do it at Turner Lane.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails