Monday, February 21, 2011

Weekend (Food) Warrior.

I think I earned that title this past weekend. 

After a lovely dinner of mussels frites and wine at Garden Bistro 24, then drinks and dessert at dp on Friday, the Mac & Cheese Bowl on Saturday, and drinks at Cafe Capriccio followed by a ridiculously large dinner at Chez Mike on Sunday, I'm spent.

Yesterday was recovery.  I was basically non-productive all day.  The older I get, the more and more I need that extra day to recover.  Sad, right?

And true to form, I have almost no pictures from the weekend.  Even though my camera sat in my purse the entire time.  Fail.

I have a few from the Mac & Cheese Bowl, which was amazing, by the way.  dp and Yono's had a booth with their fabulous "Mac & Cheeks" (description in the picture below).  And I ran into Jen from Jen is Green!  When she walked up to the booth next to ours, I felt like I spotted a celebrity.  Guess that's what blog-stalking does to you ;)

Clockwise from top left:  Cup upon cup of mac & cheese... after about a dozen, I was done.  Nick and me behind the dp/Yono's booth.  More of the good stuff.  Chez Mike's cheddar -ale mac was my favorite of the day.  Mac & Cheese Bowl t-shirt.  dp/Yono's mac & cheeks. 

There were 30 restaurants at the bowl who were judged for best mac & cheese.  Sadly, we didn't win, although it was definitely one of the best there, in my opinion.  I ate some that I seriously couldn't force down.  More than one cup ended up in the trash after just one bite.  But some on the otherhand, were so good that I went back for seconds and thirds.  It was such a fun event... just please don't show me any mac & cheese for at least a month ;)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails