Tuesday, January 12, 2010

THE wedding post. Part 1

So now I'm going to bore you with all the details of my wedding. 'Cause, you know, it was my wedding, and therefore the best wedding ever. Of course I'm biased, but (get ready for some shameless bragging) we actually received emails from guests thanking us for inviting them and telling us about the great time they had. The wedding was kinda the talk of the town for awhile. Now how many people can say that? (No more bragging for at least one post. Pinky swear.)

On to the pictures. And there are a lot. Bear with me, people. I started with over 1,100.

Let's start with the "getting ready" shots.


Ah, the Manolos. Aren't they gorgeous? I dragged the husband (well, then fiance) all over NYC one weekend to find these. He was a trouper.

This is not me. I don't do blonde. Except for that one time a few years back. But that's a whole 'nother story. Anyway, this was the inspiration for my hair.

And here you can see how close we came to the inspiration 'do, while the amazingly talented Alayne of Make Me Fabulous makes me, um, fabulous.

And here's the other side, with my vintagy flower. Too bad my hair will NEVER look like that. Thank God for extensions ;)


My mother is still smiling because this was only the start of the 30 or so minutes, one wedding planner and one matron of honor it took to button my dress.

It's almost like my mom and I hadn't just spent 3 hours upstairs getting ready together ;)

The perfect backdrop. A gritty, white wall. I love these pictures.

How cool is this?

Ryleigh Cayman, i.e., the cutest flower girl ever. Please ignore the fact that my boob is trying to escape.


Mom-in-law, Sis-in-law, Bride, Mom

Daddy's little girl, all growed up.

My handsome groom, showing off the most perfect wedding gift ever. A Breitling Superocean Heritage 46. ha. I learned A LOT about watches shopping for this bad boy.

The boys outside the church, doing the infamous "lookaway".


Gabriel James. What a handsome (and well-behaved!) ring bearer.

That about does it for the pre-ceremony festivities. Stayed tuned for the ceremony shots. I know you'll be sitting on the edge of your seat in anticipation. Humor me.
(All photo credit goes to Joe and JP Elario of Joe Elario Photography.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Please ignore the fact that my boob is trying to escape." That is the funniest thing I've read all day.

carolyn said...

haha... glad to be of service ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails